Website Community Bible Church
The Administrative Assistant is a servant leader who loves working with people. He/She will carry out administrative tasks within the CBC office, to facilitate the effective ministry of the elders, deacons, and ministry leaders of CBC.
- Deep commitment to Jesus Christ, the revealed Word of God, and the Scriptures, the written Word of God.
- Full affirmation of the statement of faith, vision, direction, and teaching positions of CBC.
- Is or will become a member of Community Bible Church.
- A teachable and service-oriented heart and gifting.
- Capable communicator via phone, email, etc.; able to connect with others with warmth, grace, and clarity.
- Proficient in office technology, equipment, and software, including Microsoft Office software, website maintenance, phone systems, printer/copiers, etc.
- Substantial experience in office administration and/or a demonstrated ability to learn effective administration.
- General character qualifications matching those listed in 1 Tim. 3:8-11 and Gal. 5:22-23.
- Providing general administration for CBC ministries, particularly worship services, corporate gatherings, and CBC Kids ministries.
- Managing and updating the CBC website, social media accounts, and ministry/facilities calendar.
- Maintaining current and accurate member data in church management software.
- General (particularly scheduling) assistance for the CBC staff pastors.
- Formulating and disseminating the regular church-wide communications (weekly bulletins, newsletters, etc.)
- Receiving and filtering communications coming into the CBC office, particularly answering/managing phone and email communications, often serving as a liaison between CBC members and the pastor-elders and leaders.
- Attending and contributing to staff meetings, and some other leadership meetings, as needed.
- Assisting in preparation for CBC gatherings (church services, family/business meetings, etc.)
- Maintaining worship service supplies, such as communion materials, greeting cards, etc.
- Managing office equipment and supplies, ensuring efficient office work.
- Maintaining regular office hours.
- Other administrative duties as needed.
The Administrative Assistant will report to the pastor-elders of CBC, particularly the staff pastors. The Administrative Assistant will work with the leadership and staff of CBC, and particularly the facilities and technology teams.
Three-quarter time (30 hpw). Regular office hours will be maintained, while some hours may fall outside a traditional Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm schedule. The Administrative Assistant will attend staff meetings, worship services, and other corporate gatherings.
The Administrative Assistant will meet annually with a Staff Pastor and the Moderator of the Elders for a performance review and evaluation, encouragement and reflection, and for planning for the year ahead.
There will be a 30-day trial period, after which the Administrative Assistant will meet with the staff pastors, and together they will determine if the Assistant will continue in this position at CBC.
Send resume to Aaron Halvorsen at email@example.com. Use subject line “CBC Administrative Assistant.”
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org