Website Willow Avenue Mennonite Church
Willow Avenue Mennonite Church (WAMC) is a vibrant community with members active in multiple ministries both within the immediate congregational context (e.g. Children, Junior high, Senior high, Christian Education, Fellowship, Worship, Spiritual Formation, Congregational Care, etc.) and beyond (e.g. Outreach to neighborhood, on-campus Head Start community, Spiritual Formation, etc.). WAMC seeks an Associate Pastor to coordinate these ministry areas. The Associate Pastor will administer the ministries identified above, giving special attention to whole-life ministry opportunities for the full spectrum of the congregation, neighborhood, and other community partners. This role will assist ministry leaders in formation of vision for and supervision of holistic ministry opportunities that cohere across all areas of church life.
Primary areas of responsibility for the associate pastor:
- Coordinate congregational leadership of children’s and youth ministry. Consultation with Children Christian Education Commission, coordination of communication among ministry leaders and families of children and youth, assist recruitment and oversight of ministry leaders.
- Lead the congregation in outreach to community and neighborhood through such processes as Asset-Based Community development with the goal of engagement and ministry with neighbors and community.
- Assist with pastoral care through participation in Congregational Care Commission meetings, discernment about and attending to individual needs in the congregation and neighborhood. Administer Deacon’s, Disciples, Wellness, Matching Scholarship funds with attention to Everence funds.
- Communication supervision. Work with pastor, office staff, and volunteers in coordinating use of electronic and other media to communicate within the congregation, with guests, and with prospective attenders and to broadcast and record live events.
- Lead worship or preach once a month. Consultation with Worship Commission, the pastor, and council determine what is most appropriate.
- Other administrative tasks as needed.
The associate pastor reports to and is supervised by the pastor. The pastor provides leadership to the vision, ministry, identity, and direction of the congregation and supervision to the pastoral staff.
Commission assignments: Outreach, Congregational Care, Children’s Christian Education, Resource Ministries, Church Council
Position: Salaried, three-quarters time, with benefits (roughly 37.5 hours per week; see policy manual for details regarding hours, benefits).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com