Website North Oak Community Church
Position: Associate Pastor (Worship and Adult Discipleship Pastor)
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Posting Date: June 1, 2021
Review Date: Priority deadline July 1, 2021, review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
The Associate Pastor position is part of a collaborative, dynamic team-based approach to ministry and will provide critical leadership to the congregation in advancing God’s kingdom and the vision at North Oak Community Church. The position reports directly to the Lead Pastor and will oversee multiple ministry areas with primary responsibility for oversight and strategic development of the church’s Worship and Adult Discipleship ministries (e.g. music ministry, small groups, adult Sunday school).
Essential Priorities for the Role Worship
- Plan corporate worship services with the lead pastor and worship ministry teams.
Ensure that Sunday services are musically excellent and facilitate congregational worship.
- Recruit, train, and mobilize vocalists, instrumentalists, and worship leaders.
- Facilitate involvement from the congregation and engage volunteers in music and worship ministries.
- Oversee the ministry teams and technology needed for Sunday morning services (in person and online) as well as any other events that are deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
- Provide biblical purpose and vision for small group ministries.
- Maintain oversight and supervision of transformational small groups.
- Recruit, train, and oversee small group home Bible study leaders.
- Facilitate the inclusion of people into small groups as well as the creation of new groups.
- Oversee adult educational ministries from college age to older adult.
- Develop a balanced disciple-making infrastructure to win, build, equip, and multiply.
- Attract and equip ministry leaders and teams to fulfill the purpose of the adult ministry.
- Collaborate with the other pastors in respect to pastoral care issues.
- Maintain pastoral presence at worship services, fellowship times, and congregational events including the pastor’s family as applicable.
- Engage in regular, healthy rhythms of solitude, prayer, and study.
- Engage in relationships of pastoral accountability and prayer.
- Maintain regular office hours.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and other committee or team meetings as requested.
- Serve as an elder on the elder team.
- A vibrant, mature, and growing walk with Jesus Christ, displaying the qualities of an Elder as described in 1 Timothy 3:1-6 and Titus 1:6-9.
- Possess a biblical understanding of worship and able to communicate it to others.
- Demonstrate evidence of gifting in worship, leadership, discipleship, teaching, and administration.
- A team player, willing to make a long-term commitment to NOCC.
- A people oriented rather than product/process-oriented person with good relational skills – able to make, build, and keep strong relationships within the church.
- Complete, unreserved agreement with the NOCC Constitution and Doctrinal Statement, Vision Statement, and Core Values.
- This position is open to men willing to become licensed or ordained for ministry and recognized by the United States Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
- Holds a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree—preferably in areas such as biblical studies, music ministry, or church ministry.
- Prior service in a local church.
- $40,000 – $50,000 per year salary (based on years of experience and education) plus benefits including contributions to retirement and health insurance.
- To apply for the position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org