Website Southern District Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches
SDC District Minister
The District Minister is a full-time employee who serves as the conference pastor and staff executive of the Southern District Conference of the USMB.
- Serve as a pastor to pastors.
- Counsel lay leadership in member churches and assist member churches in their ministries.
- Shape vision and promote involvement in Conference activities.
- Supervise any other staff of the District Minister’s office.
- Assume a communication and coordination role between the Executive Council and the Commissions.
- Serve as a consultant to all Commissions.
- Serve as a non-voting member of the Executive Committee, Executive Council and Nominating Committee.
- Serve on the Tabor College Board of Directors.
- Fulfill such other duties as may be designated by the Conference.
- Must have Christian character in keeping with 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:6-9, and Galatians 5:22-23.
- Must be ordained or willing to be ordained by the USMB.
- Must be in full agreement with the USMB Confession of Faith.
- Should have a strong affinity to Evangelical Anabaptism.
- Should have a ministry-oriented master’s degree.
- Should have a working knowledge of the history and current state of the Southern District.
- Must be comfortable relating to the diverse churches of the Southern District.
Accountability and Direction
The District Minister is accountable to the Conference through the Executive Council and works most directly with the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee shall establish priorities and financial guidelines for the administrative responsibilities for the District Minister.
Note: This job description has been adapted from the original description found in Article VII, Section 1 of the Bylaws of the Southern District Conference.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com