Website USMB (U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches)
The USMB Church Planting Mobilizer is responsible for establishing a national MB church multiplication vision through the strategy of church planting, with some work in church renewal/revitalization. The main purpose for USMB church planting in the U.S. is for producing multiple disciple-making, reproducing new MB churches. The USMB Church Planting Mobilizer will be a direct report to the USMB National Director.
- 40-50 hours a week position, year-round.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Have a growing relationship with Jesus and a call for Christian ministry.
- Accept the role of a leader by providing an example of faith and pure conduct (principles found in 1 Timothy 3).
- Experience in coaching, team building, change management, performance monitoring, and enterprising acumen.
- A natural networker and fundraiser (some fundraising expected, especially after year one).
- Must be able to travel and meet various leaders across USMB.
- A self-starter and maintainer.
- Sign off on USMB Confession of Faith.
- Sign MLAP Covenants.
- Oversee the Church Planting Council (CPC) consisting of representatives from each MB district, plus two at-large representatives—reporting to the USMB National Director.
Metric Goal: Meet 4 times annually; one/two on-site, two/three Zoom
- Cast a national vision and stimulate passion for church planting—communicating extensively with local MB churches, pastors and district leaders.
- Fundamental (“X” factor ) work is connecting “networks of MB churches.” Accelerate network participation, engagement and equipping. Encourage “organic” church planting development.
- Collaborate with districts and networking MB churches for development of multiple church plant projects, while understanding the unique values, culture and realities of each district.
Metric Goal: Year 1-2: 4 new church plants; Year 3-4: 6 new church plants/year
- Direct involvement with church planter discernment, recruitment, evaluation and assessments in collaboration with districts and with the independent Church Planting Network.
Metric Goal: Year 1-2: 5 church planter assessments; Year 3-4: 6-7 church planter assessments per year.
- With district leadership, evaluate and determine viable church plant projects and fully understand each project’s unique locale/culture.
- Provide regional inspirational/connection events for enhancing church planting participation and vision. Incorporate current church planter’s passion and involvement/presentations.
Metric Goal: 2-4 events per year
- In collaboration with districts and MB churches, formulate and participate with church plant project teams. Project Teams (Task Forces) will be created for each new church plant.
- Participate in and enhance Integrated Ministry initiatives/ethnic group church planting. (i.e. Congolese Task Force).
- Develop a realistic church plant budget and financial planting goal for USMB.
- Fundraise nationally for USMB church planting. This is fundraising in addition to any other USMB fundraising and should not overlap with current USMB donors or appeals. Additional funds can be raised for increased church plant opportunities.
- Attend USMB Leadership Council meetings, bi-annual national conferences/conventions and NPOs—provide presentations for each setting.
- Participate in USMB staff meetings and on-site gatherings.
- Communicate via C-Link, Christian Leader and Social Media: church planting news/stories.
- Develop appropriate promotional pieces: videos, appeals, etc.
- Communicate the need and vision for revitalization of existing MB churches within the MB constituency. Metric Goal: Meet with multiple “networks of churches” each year.
- Assist districts with revitalization projects.
- Attend district conventions when possible.
- Pursue continuing professional development.
- Support the 3-core commitments of USMB and participate in initiatives/strategies for each.
- Spend time daily in prayer for the mission of church planting.
Anticipated Start Date: Early 2022
Salary commensurate with experience
- Health Insurance
- Retirement – 6% of salary base
- Life Insurance ($50,000 policy)
- SS reimbursement – ½ of self-employment tax
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org