The vision of the U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (USMB) is to empower each local Mennonite Brethren church to reach its full, God-given ministry potential within the framework of our evangelical and Anabaptist distinctives.
To accomplish this goal, we’re embracing a strategy that includes:
- building a strong national presence to encourage, support and help resource our local churches and districts for mission and ministry,
- focusing on organic networking of churches and leaders and
- zeroing in on three core commitments that allow us to have maximum Kingdom impact.
Our three core commitments are:
- church multiplication and evangelism
- intentional disciple-making and
- leadership development.
We're teaming up with other MB ministries to serve and equip local churches in these three areas. We want to think openly and with a collective USMB mindset while reducing ministry “silos” as we grow together in the areas of the three core commitments.
These three core commitments are the focus of specialized ministry LEAD initiatives:
- LEAD Cohorts, short-term online groups centered around a particular topic or point of interest (offered each spring and fall),
- LEAD One regional training events for church leadership teams,
- LEAD Coaching, life/ministry coaching for pastors and church leaders and
- LEAD Pods, podcasts about various topics presented by knowledgeable Mennonite Brethren or affiliated persons that are produced every two weeks.
USMB’s Church Planting Council is collaborating with local churches and district conferences to plant new MB churches. In addition, The Network, a group of MB pastors providing various project management pieces and church planter support, is a vital component of the overall thrust for church planting.
Networking—leaders and churches “organically” connecting with other leaders and churches—is a key element of the USMB vision. When churches share resources and develop close relationships within our family of churches, strong loyalty to our common vision and development of true community is the result. Our prayer is that this level of connection continues to spread and intensify for the benefit of all who are a part of our MB family.
The overall reason for all of this? Ultimately it is for reaching more people with the gospel and to deeply nurture disciples (followers) of Christ Jesus.
Join us as we explore what it means to commit together in order to maximize each local MB church’s God-given ministry vision.
Increasing Impact: Together!