Fresno Pacific University
Fresno Pacific University, a Christian institution operated by the Pacific District Conference of MB Churches, emphasizes values, ethics and character development. Both our motto—Founded on Christ—and our tagline—Empowering leaders. Transforming lives.—are lived out daily on each of our campuses.
Founded in 1944, FPU is the only fully accredited independent, four-year Christian university in California’s Central Valley. Our nearly 3,500 students include traditional-age undergraduates—served mostly on our main campus in Southeast Fresno—and adults returning to school for bachelor’s and master’s degrees who attend evening programs at regional centers in Merced, North Fresno, Visalia and Bakersfield. We also serve more than 8,000 education and business professionals across the country through continuing education and professional development courses.
FPU students know their degrees have value in the job market or in getting admitted to a prestigious grad school. They come from a wide variety of cultural, denominational and socioeconomic backgrounds and many are the first in their families to attend college. Fresno Pacific has been designated a Hispanic Serving Institution. Adding to our diversity are international students from 40 countries and numerous opportunities for students to study abroad. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate in the region and offers a four-year graduation guarantee to qualified undergraduate students.
The university is made up of five schools:
- The School of Business attracts the largest number of students and offers a variety of programs including a global MBA.
- The School of Humanities, Religion and Social Sciences is a leader in the practice and teaching of restorative justice through the Center for Peacemaking & Conflict Studies and has built strong professional programs in psychology and other areas.
- The School of Education produces graduates who are sought after by school districts as teachers and administrators. Our Teacher Education Division has entered into a successful partnership with the University of California Merced to prepare classroom teachers.
- The School of Natural Sciences is a training ground for students interested in careers in medicine and health and is part of a federally funded college-ready initiative to help entering college students succeed in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM).
- The Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary serves churches, para-church organizations and other ministries by preparing pastors, biblical scholars and marriage, family and child counselors. Within the seminary is the Center for Anabaptist Studies and the Center for Community Transformation—a consortium working with faith-based organizations throughout the region.
More than 80 percent of Fresno Pacific professors hold doctorates, and all are committed to research and teaching. Small class sizes assure students of personal interaction with their master professors. Alumni often tell us of the lifelong relationships established with faculty during time spent at FPU. U.S. News & World Report ranks FPU in the top tier in our category.
Sunbird athletic teams compete in 16 sports and have won national championships in women’s volleyball, men’s and women’s tennis and men’s swimming. Several baseball and soccer alumni have moved on to play in professional leagues. FPU plays in the Pacific West Conference, part of the NCAA Division II.
Visit the Fresno Pacific University website.
Visit the Fresno Pacific Biblical Seminary website.