Website USMB (U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches)
The U.S. Leadership Board is pleased to announce that applications for the position of National Director are now being received. Over the past 6 months the board has commissioned a consultant to help carry out 25 interviews with various U.S. conference stakeholders and conducted a national survey, gathering opinions from 183 respondents. This information has been integrated with the board’s own thoughts and deliberations to produce the vital characteristics and job description listed below. Most importantly, the board has been gathering regularly for prayer over the past year, asking the Lord Jesus for his gracious wisdom and direction throughout this entire process.
The Leadership Board also wishes to express its ongoing appreciation for the faithful and fruitful ministry of Don Morris, our current National Director.
The U.S. Leadership Board is seeking candidates with a vibrant Christian faith, mature spiritual character, and a genuine love for the church of Jesus Christ. The new National Director will be a visionary leader who can effectively communicate the mission of the Mennonite Brethren in a way that remains biblically faithful while engaging the wider culture.
CORE MINISTRY TASKS
- To cast a Christ-centered vision, in collaboration with the Leadership Board and the National Strategy Team, for the implementation of the three core commitments of the USMB—church multiplication/evangelism, intentional disciple-making, and leadership development.
- To champion the empowering of each local MB church to reach its full ministry potential, encouraging and resourcing them as they pursue our three core commitments.
- To practice biblically faithful leadership in: effective public communication, engagement with local churches and USMB related organizations, leadership development initiatives, fundraising, etc.
- To pray faithfully for the USMB family and USMB-related ministries and leaders.
KEY ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS
- Oversee USMB staff team.
- Develop and implement the budget with the Leadership Board.
- Raise significant funds for USMB mission and ministry.
- Lead planning of various national and regional events: National Pastor’s Orientation, National Pastors Conference and Convention, LEAD One, etc.
- Attend district conventions.
- Communicate with USMB constituency: critical messaging/vision-casting.
- Fulfill the duties of the Executive Director as referenced in the USMB Bylaws, including ex-officio positions for U.S. Board of Faith and Life and Multiply Board.
- Lead National Strategy Team (NST) and provide communication between the NST and the Leadership Board.
- Represent USMB with ministry partners (or appoint representatives to do so) including working with assigned nomination committees for providing representation for the following: Multiply Board, U.S. Board of Faith and Life, USMB Church Planting Council, USMB Leadership Board, Mennonite World Conference, Mennonite Central Committee, Mennonite Disaster Services and Mennonite Health Services.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for the Christian Leader
Thank you for considering the position of Executive Director of the U.S. Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches.
- a resume,
- a personal testimony of your faith journey,
- a one page “vision statement” for your role in this position.
Send these documents in pdf format to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org