Aug. 9, 2022
I completed a three-month sabbatical on July 4. It was a great time for rest, rejuvenation and some special experiences. I’m so grateful for this time of refreshment.
In Genesis 14, Melchizedek blessed Abram, saying, “Blessed be Abram by God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth.” Can you imagine being blessed in this way? I think God enjoys blessing us too. That’s why I often end my emails with the word, “Blessings.” May God bless you!
1. I’d like to say a huge thank you to all of our USMB staff for the excellent and hard work provided for our recent USMB Gathering 2022. You guys are the best! It was a great pastors’ conference and convention. The speakers challenged us, the worship was very special and the fellowship was warm and heart-felt. By the way, the tech guys were superb too! If you weren’t there, you missed out! You can find some speakers’ audio recordings on our website.
2. There are still several ways to provide assistance for our Ukrainian brothers and sisters. If you haven’t read it already, please see this post: www.mbfoundation.com/ukrainerelief/. In addition, Pacific Keep, our MB church in Spokane, Wash., is providing huge relief assistance for Ukrainian refugees. See the story and site to give here: www.spokane-loves-ukraine.mailchimpsites.com/.
3. I’ll be traveling to Texas to preach at GracePoint Church on Aug. 21. Please pray for a time of good connection with this wonderful MB church.
4. We continue to need one more USMB leadership board member—from the Pacific District Conference. We’re asking God for guidance for this important position. If you have suggestions, please let me know.
5. The USMB Board of Faith and Life, National Strategy Team (NST) and USMB Leadership Board/Council will hold meetings in Denver, Oct. 5-8. There are many crucial issues and important decisions to be made. Please pray for board members, for discernment, wisdom and guidance as they prepare. Plus, if you have an item you’d like to share with one or more of these boards, please email it to me.
6. Multiply Board meetings are to be held Oct. 2-4 at Cedar Springs, Wash. There is much to consider and discuss. Pray for board members and also for new general director, Bruce Enns, who began his work with Multiply in May.
7. The new Church Planting Council (CPC) is now being led by Brian Harris, previous pastor of Pine Acres Church (MB) in Weatherford, Okla. Brian began Aug. 1 as the USMB Church Planting Mobilizer! There are some new projects in the works as well. Please continue to pray for the USMB Church Planting Council and for Brian as they give leadership to U.S. church planting. This is such an important part of our collective ministry as the USMB family.
8. Please pray for me that the Lord might grant discernment, direction, wisdom, compassion, understanding, gentleness and grace.
9. We’ll be starting the new round of LEAD Cohorts just after Labor Day. The new listing is taking shape. Watch for posts about the new cohorts being provided and sign up for great connection with others.
10. Don’t miss this: Jon Wiebe, president and CEO of MB Foundation has provided a timely message for our USMB family. Click here to read it.
Thanks for your prayers!
USMB National Director
- CATEGORY Snapshot