Snapshot – Jan. 25, 2022
In Colossians 2:6-7, Paul encourages the church of Colossae, “Just as you have received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him and firm in your faith just as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
I love these words of encouragement, and these two verses have become the USMB staff verse(s) for 2022. The staff has committed to praying together each day at 2:06 p.m. for our USMB churches, for the work of the USMB staff and for unity. Feel free to join us each day as we continue to commit to being “rooted and built up in him and firm in our faith.”
- USMB continues the search for just the right person to be our Church Planting Mobilizer. Every day at 5:14 p.m., I and the Church Planting Council (CPC) are seeking God’s favor for providing this person. The CPC met this past week and took on assignments for connecting with some MB churches about helping with potential new church plants. See the mobilizer job description here: https://usmb.org/job/usmb-church-planting-mobilizer/.
- I wrote an addendum to an article about changes that will be occurring with the Christian Leader’s production. This addendum is posted here. Succinctly, I made mistakes that I’ve listed and addressed in the addendum. Please be in prayer for our CL editors as they work hard in producing a magazine that connects, informs and inspires us—along with the new CL Editorial Committee that is providing them with input.
- Multiply continues to search for a new General Director. Pray for the search committee as they process applications. Please pray also for the Multiply Board as they provide oversight and also as they continue completing the work on the 18 recommendations given to them by the Multiply Review Team.
- The USMB Gathering 2022 planning team is completing plans for our gathering this summer, July 26-30 in north Kansas City (Independence, MO). We have a few details left to finalize, including the final guest speaker (out of four). Please pray for the planning team and for good attendance from our MB family.
- Please pray for the Resilient Conference in Denver this coming weekend. It’s geared as a time of refreshment and renewal for pastors and ministry workers as they attend. Lighthouse Church (MB) in Denver is the host and is providing this conference free of charge. I will be providing a workshop on Crisis Management 101 – please pray for me that I might lead this well.
I hope you enjoy this more frequent communication. Thanks for your prayers!
USMB National Director