Feb. 08, 2022
In Colossians 3:13-14, Paul encourages the church of Colossae, “Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.”
It seems to me that the church today, and myself included, could use some “taking to heart” of these words. I’ll leave it at that.
1. I’m repeating this item: USMB continues the search for just the right person to be our Church Planting Mobilizer. Every day at 5:14 p.m., I and the Church Planting Council (CPC) are seeking God’s favor for providing this person. The CPC met recently and took on assignments for connecting with some MB churches about helping with potential new church plants. See the mobilizer job description here.
2. I attended the Resilient Conference produced by Lighthouse Church in Denver a week ago. It was a refreshing time of worship, listening to the Word, listening to and praying for others and being the Church. There are a lot of weary pastors and leaders right now. Thanks to Josh and Brianne Shaw and their Lighthouse Church team for making this conference possible. One quote: “We don’t do live stream. The church needs to be together right now. We need to be with one another.”
3. The CL Editorial Committee met last week to begin their work in assisting the CL staff with ideas, themes, authors and planning for upcoming CL issues. Their work now begins in earnest as they each think about and provide their own individual input and then gather together again in March to coalesce their thoughts and provide joint direction.
4. The USMB Gathering 2022 planning team has determined the final guest speaker! We’re all set with what we believe will be great content. Please begin now praying for these speakers and for the pastors’ conference and convention (July 26-30 – north KC area). You can get more info about the speakers here.
5. Please pray for our pastors/leaders and churches that are in transition. There are some USMB churches without pastors and some pastors without churches. Pray for right connections!
6. Please pray for me that the Lord might grant discernment, direction, wisdom, compassion, understanding, gentleness and humility.
I hope you enjoy this more frequent communication. Thanks for your prayers!
USMB National Director
- CATEGORY Snapshot